As we continue our blogging on The Top 5 Things About Visual RAMS-Pro That You May Not Know, we come to the second feature…
Trays…Communication on Steroids!
Effective interoffice communication is absolutely critical for any company to succeed. Whether it is receiving a work order to replace a container, changing a route, or billing a customer for an extra pick up, when communication is not streamlined requests can fall through the crack.
There are so many traditional methods of communicating in the office:
- Emails-Convenient but can get buried in your Inbox and forgotten
- Phone-Easy but you can’t track accountability or gauge response time
- Post It notes-Need I say, “Needle in a Haystack?”
- Screaming across the office- Inefficient, distracting and annoying
As I have traveled around the country visiting haulers, I have seen most companies use a mixture of some of the above. However, the result is always the same…inefficient, unaccountable, and insufficient communication. Trays were created in Visual RAMS-Pro to give you both efficiency and accountability in your office communication. Here are just a few highlights:
- Each individual and/or department has a Tray to communicate with
- You can send work orders, customer accounts, invoices and more to other individuals/departments
- You can mandate a reply or receive notification when Tray item was complete
- You can track Tray items (like Work Orders) through departments to ensure completion
- Trays cannot be ignored but flag user when they login to VRP
- Trays allows users to “hand-off” work to others when their shift ends without disrupting flow of request
Stop the yelling, cease limitless and superfluous emails, put down the phone, and save the trees…explore further how to use Trays!