Premier License and Support Plan
Our goal is to give consistent, quality user support in a friendly, easy to understand manner
Every successful Software Company, regardless of industry, has to accomplish two things. First, it has to provide useful software that can be supported at a reasonable charge. Second, it has to be profitable enough to cover overhead and development costs. Support agreements allow companies like Alpine to provide our clients the support they deserve while ensuring it will be able to provide solutions and support into the future. Alpine’s Premier License and Support Plan accomplishes both of these critical things.
While Alpine has two levels of support, Premier and Standard, it believes the level of support afforded the Premier partners far outweighs the cost incurred. If you are a Visual On-Route user or have chosen Alpine’s hosted solution, AlpineLive, you are required to purchase the Premier plan. What do you get with your annual Premier License and Support Agreement?
Services Offered to Alpine’s Premier partners:
- Access to Alpine’s help ticket system, Kayako, to manage and expedite your requests
- Customer support at 1.888.852.7267
- Access to the RAMS forum where they can get the following benefits:
- Current news from RAMS/On-Route authorities
- Downloads of program patches and reports
- Communication with other users through the RAMS forum
- Self-Study training tools
- Preventative maintenance
- Custom training
- Report writing
- Custom programming
- Hardware needs assessments
- Networking expertise
- Support service records for your files
- On-site service and training
- RAMS/On-Route problem resolution
- After-hours support
- Host of resources at www.rams-pro.com/support
Help Ticket Types
For Premier Partners there are two main types of Help Tickets: Bugs and Service Requests.
Bugs are resolved at no charge for Premier Partners.
Bugs are repairs to the programming provided as part of the licensed software (RAMS-Pro/On-Route). Full Version upgrades are excluded. A Bug is a repair needed when the licensed software is not functioning as designed. The licensed software is designed to be used in a certain method. Alternate methods of using the software may produce undesirable results. In such instances, the licensed programming is not eligible for “no charge” program fixes and the Help Ticket will be reclassified as a Service Request.
Service Requests are any tickets not classified as a Bug.
- The Premier Plan includes 15 minutes of no charge support regardless of the nature of the request. This free support is allotted per Ticket. In other words, you get 15 minutes of free support for each separate issue.
- This no charge period allows your staff to call for RAMS/On-Route assistance when they cannot determine the solution on their own by using their training, documentation and the forum.
- Service Requests will be billed at the Alpine Premier Support Rate, after the free period per Ticket.
- Various services are often provided as Service Requests.
Billable Support Details
|Help Ticket Support||
|Minimum Charge||15 minute|
|Billable Hours Increment||Charged in 15 minute blocks|
|Travel Time||Charged both ways at ½ hourly Premier rate|
|On Site Visits||Minimum 4 hour charge|
|Research and Meetings||Billable at hourly Premier rate|
|Billable Expenses||Couriers, freight, travel, accommodation, car parking and other costs will be passed on at cost|
|Payment Terms||Billable work commences on payment of a deposit.|
Benefits to the Premier License and Support Plan
♦ Upgrade benefit– Inevitably as technology develops, you will need to upgrade. The costs of purchasing the next version could be costly, sometimes in the tens of thousands of dollars. As a Premier Partner, you receive 70% off upgrades to the next version. The partner must maintain continuous current status in the Premier Plan for either 3 years or since the Premier Plan was offered to the Partner.
♦ Priority response-Though Alpine generally responds immediately, 90 minutes is the general response time, 4-hour guaranteed response time.
♦ Affordable support rates– Premier partners will be charged almost half of what standard partners are charged for billable support. General billable support for Premier partners is $135/hour in contrast to the $220/hour for standard partners.
♦ First 15 minutes FREE– Premier partners will receive the first 15 minutes on each incident free of charge.
♦ Seminar and Workshop discounts – Premier partners receive 20% off annual seminar fees and enjoy discounts on both online and regional workshops.
How is your Premier Plan calculated?
No matter what version of software you are presently using, the annual Premier Plan fees are calculated off of the Current Year Retail Price (CYRP) of the software you are using. If you presently have a Visual RAMS-Pro V6 license (Residential, Commercial, or Roll off) with 3 users and a Report Run License, the 15% would be calculated off of the sum of all the CYRP of these items. If you are uncertain as to what the CYRP of the software is, do not hesitate to give us a call.